View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 07:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Orion

Originally Posted by Iknow
I disagree. I think N/A beer can really help beer drinkers that have decided to get sober! I think beer itself if drinken frequently and long enough can be SOMEWHAT habit-forming. Much like Like say... grape soda. Don't get me wrong, the reason people start drinking beer is for the buzz but once the buzz gets old and that person decides to improve their health and/or life, the craving for the beer is still there. The habit of drinking is still there. N/A beer is perfect for those beer lovers. It allows you to sip beer while listening to music or hanging with friends without the negative effects. I recommend it.
I agree. I drink NA beer and it doesn't have any negative effects whatsoever. I never cared much for soda pop anyway because I don't have a sweet tooth, so I find it a nice alternative. Also, it is a great post-exercise refreshment with the perfect number of carb calories and fluid to replenish what you've just burned. It's nice to be able to have a beer after a run and not have it negatively affect your body's ability to metabolize fat and repair muscle tissue. It's also nice to be able to have a beer with lunch and not feel dead tired by the afternoon. In some ways, I like NA beer better than the real thing! That said, I only drink about a six-pack of the stuff per week, as opposed to the six-pack per day I went through with normal beer.