Old 06-02-2003, 04:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
trish
Paused

mreneerouser

I am so happy to see your post. You have no idea. There is always so much negativity regarding methadone. You made my day.
I too am detoxing from the methadone right now. I was a drug addict for 15 years and have been on methadone for 20+ years. Only because I was not ready to stop abusing drugs. Once my mind was made up....things went smoothly. So I have definately been there.
I have been going down slowly for the past 3 years. I was in no rush in the beginning and that is why it went into years. I was on 120mg. and now I am on 5mg. and my last day will be 6/13/03. No withdrawal symptoms. The only time I felt the decrease was when I went from 20mg to 15mg. And I got over it within several days.
I am interested to hear from you because there are many people who sabatoge the methadone clinics. Calling it poison and things like that. Like I said before in many of the other posts....the ones who trash the clinics are the patients who are not ready to make a change in their lives. They are still abusing, denying, and fighting the disease.
Good for you. I really enjoyed your post. I hope the others that I have had numerous discussions with regarding this subject see your story.
Take care.