View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
_If_

Experiences with Rapid Detox anyone?

Hi - I have been reading many of your posts to try to learn as much as I can to help my bf beat a 13 year addiction (on again/off again) addiction to painkillers. The painkillers are treating a severe back injury (L5/S1 - crushed in 1992 motorcycle accident). There are surgerys available to "fix" that (fusion, artificial disk, diskectomy.... don't think I spelled that right, etc), and that is the ultimate goal. At that point, he would like to detox. His parents have suggested "rapid-detox", so over the last couple weeks, I have been reading everything that I could on that. Prior to researching it now, I had heard about it years ago in the news in connection with a couple patient's deaths. However, most of what I have been reading (I am sticking to reputable news sources such as USA Today, FOX news, CNN, etc.... I know, "dubiously reputable" might be a better description). Anyway, most of what I am reading seems to be in favor of it. However, as I read these forums, I am not really seeing that mentioned. Is that because it doesn't work? Or, is it more dangerous that it sounds? Is it too expensive? Can any of you that are currently in any stage of recovery from opiates tell me why you chose not to go that route? Or, is there anyone that has? What are your thoughts for or against?

Thanks for any opinions (ALL opinions are welcome, regardless of what it is. We are trying to make an informed decision, and understand that different recoveries fit different people!!)

God Bless!!