Thread: Night Sweats
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 01:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
spacegirl

Originally Posted by 2Step
My dreams are currently directed by Steven King.
ROFL! Great analogy but I think you're wrong mate! I'm sure he can't be in two places at the same time and he's been with me the last 2 nights!
Today is my 3rd day and I've been sweating like mad too

Originally Posted by 2Step
Right now I'm glad that I'm single so no one has to witness this.
Again, I know what you mean. I have a partner and it's embarassing but one thing I would say to Panic, is that if you quit drinking you might be sick for a few days or whatever, but if you don't quit drinking you will be sick for the rest of your life and might even die. That's the way I look at it and I don't want to die so I'm almost welcoming these symptoms as I know that however unpleasant they are it's a sign that the monster inside me is dying and he knows it so he's fighting back hard with these symptoms but if I feed him with alcohol then he'll come back to life and the symptoms might go away for now, but they'll come back much worse, with more besides and for the rest of my life (however long that would be...?)

Alcohol withdrawl symptoms is the monster inside you dying. He knows you're killing him and he's struggling to make you feed him. Don't do it. Don't let him win. Starve him of alcohol and he will die. Don't let him trick you. Be strong. It won't last forever and if you stay strong you will win.

Good Luck
Best wishes
Molly
xxx

Last edited by spacegirl; 02-04-2006 at 01:25 PM. Reason: used bad grammar