View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 02:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
godsonmyside
Vision of Hope

Originally Posted by nutz
Wonder how and why NA was formed ?
The post posted some time before your answers your question!

It might help to remember why NA was started by a member of AA.

"I found A.A and in that Fellowship met addicts who had also found the program to be the answer to their problem.
However, we knew that many were still going down the road to disillusion, degradation and death, because they were unable to identify with the alcoholic in A.A. Their identification was at the level of apparent symptoms and not at the deeper level of emotions or feelings, where empathy becomes a healing therapy for all addicted people.

With several other addicts and some members of A.A. who had great faith in
us and the program, we formed, in July of 1953, what we now know as
Narcotics Anonymous. We felt that now the addict would find from the start
as much identification as each needed to convince himself that he could
stay clean, by the example of others who had recovered for many years.
That this was what was principally needed, has proved itself in these
passing years. "

Jimmy K
Its not about this Fellowship does that and all that b^llsh!t, we put that there through our own perception, Reality is only anotgher perspctive away, Got to go outside our own thinking box.

AA is a wonderful program, most feel they don't belong there because disrespect for there Traditions. If you call yyourself an Anda there, the 3rd Tradition states "The only requirement is a desire to stop drinking." Yeah But nothing, when members come to NA those same members think at 30 clean folks should be Basic Text Puppets, do we forget we had to learn all this stuff.

I serve NA and Sponsor members who attend NA and My sponsor Attends NA. In the Local Guide to Service when members serve committees, a question asked to hold a position, Do you have an NA sponsor? Just like the clean time required to hold any fullfillment sponsorship is important.

Like Richie suggested, attend some NA meetings with him and he will comne to terms for himself.

The Greatest part of this recovery process is we get to be active participants.

Peace,
Todd J.