View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 11:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
godsonmyside
Vision of Hope

I believe that we relate more on the recovery issues more that a substance as well. One is too many and a thousand is never enough. Alcohol is not a beverage, its a drug!! I find NA to be the source that enables me to find a new way to live.
My sponsor and his sponsor and their sponsors and the men I sponsor,we all attend NA, we all have home groups, we all do service work, and we all write steps from the Step working Guide. We are each others eye's and ears.

Many many years ago I had a sponsor who worked the steps with me, I have learned alot from him, he attends AA now, and we have talked over the years, My NA sponsor today I gain alot from and he does from me too, its a 2-way street.

I really don't believe its the drug that differs us from one another, its the disease of obsession and compulsion, diferent rates of disease and different rates of recovery. Although, I think one who attends NA should have and NA sponsor and so on..

We write and go over step work, the Power of hte Pen and the process of application, its a beautiful thing.

Peace,
Todd J.