View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mrakaronni

Thanks for the honest feedback.

Dear Beautiful.

Thank you for reading my long post, and spending your valuable time to write me such thought provoking advice. I agree with you on many levels. You have no idea who I am, what my background or personality is, or what my motivations are. All you are able to do is interpret who I am from my written words. And because you don’t know me or have any preconceived prejudices about me, I think that allows you to give me the most honest, unbiased feedback. I am at fault for not giving enough credit to my wife in my first post. We do have many wonderful times together. She is smart, witty, well educated, and stunning. I am a lucky man to have her as my partner. As an alcoholic, I am aware of what happens when one starts drinking, you don’t know how many it will be before you stop or pass out. You don’t know who may have to deal with the wrath. I wouldn’t be asking these questions if my intentions weren’t honorable. I am lucky to have family members who care and support us. My Father-In-Law is a Lutheran Minister, so my wife has a strong religious and spiritual value system. I know from my own personal experience how this disease can sink it’s roots deeply into the body and the mind. Al-Anon has been an invaluable program for me. I am truly amazed at the amount of progress we have made and the knowledge that has been opened up to me. Yet I am at a point of frustration. Your closing statement of: “I am simply suggesting that her perception of your newfound freedom may be different than the way you are viewing your "new you." will give me much food for thought. That statement alone makes me realize I need to express more patience. Recovery doesn’t have to be lonely and painful, it can be quite beautiful. Thanks again for your time, wisdom and sincere words.

P.S.: Thanks also J.T. Every bit of advice helps. I also do the same,,, I leave and go to the library or go to my Mother's grave site and ask for guidance. If my wife must drink, I would rather she does it at home with her girlfriends than hide it or go out somewhere.