View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
Empathic1

Originally Posted by IWalkTheLine View Post
Hi, I quit heroin 20 years ago, tough as he'll but I was stronger back then, various on and off addictions over the years. Now it's opiate pain pills, and I just can't get through the withdrawals!

I'm doing 90-100 pills a day, withdrawls are severe depression and lots of pain and aches, including the pain I took them for in the first place. Despite this I'm still making progress in life but this secret addiction is a serious monkey on my back I need to get rid of.
Gonna try from Friday gonna taper for a few days and go cold turkey after that. Not sure what else to do, doctors/ groups etc are out of the question.
hi..totally feel for you on this one,as I am living the same nightmare as you and desperate to get out of this never ending black hole,but I'm struggling with the early days wd's and the thought of the depression /emotional state that aparently comes later really scares me because I'm already on antidepressants that arent workin or helpin so how am I goin to cogeif I get a double wammy depression goin on..its too scary for me to think about! I really admire you for takin this massive step and will defiantly be checking back here to see how your doin and wishing you all the strength and will power in the world to beat this..take care x