Old 08-13-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CLAS

AVRT down and dirty short version- feedback please

Bought the book and I have also been learning here thanks to all of you. I wanted to do some super brief bullet points and see if I've got this right.
I really am looking for insight/corrections and or anything you see that is off. Thanks in advance.

- I am me, and I don't want to ever drink again.

- Inside me resides a Beast that is a party animal that only wants to get me to drink because it is pleasurable, which is the only reason I drank.

- But I recognize that the Beast is not me, in fact, it is only an unruly tenant that resides within me. I am the landlord.

- I can't kick the Beast out, because we signed a lease and he has paid the rent on time. So he stays, but like any tenant there are rules to follow. He can say what he wants, but he can't DO what he wants.

- The beast speaks to me through it's interpreter, the Addictive voice.

- The AV is that voice we all have that speaks to us. It suggests that I should drink, that drinking is fun, and that my future will involve drinking at some level.

- I recognize that this voice is not me, but my Beast, and since I don't drink in the same way I don't rob or steal or break into houses, it is inconsequential what it says- because I don't drink.

- I made a plan, a big plan. It is this- I don't drink. I am a non drinker. In the same way I don't eat raw chicken. I simply don't do it and no amount of justification from my Beast will work. I am never drinking and I never eat raw chicken. And, to be sure, I will not change my mind.

- When my Beast speaks, I listen but don't engage. It's noise I hear but don't try to argue or really shut him up. He can say what he wants, but I don't drink-ever. So if he wants to keep talking he can, but I'm not drinking- ever.

Please give me any feedback, thanks. Hugs and love to all of you.