Old 08-13-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
kenton

I'm sorry your son is being difficult Steely. I thought you moving out was what he wanted? Sounds like the issues he has are his to deal with. You've got enough going on and need to focus on yourself and the move. It's hard work now but will be so worth it.

Feeling a bit churned up today. Keep thinking back to this time last year when dad was dying and I was self medicating with booze. I used to come home from the hospice in the middle of the night, stand in the kitchen and drink wine straight from the bottle. I remember thinking, "thank god for alcohol. I wouldn't be able to cope with this without it". Crazy how booze twists your mind inside out. It makes you think you need it to survive the difficulties of life. Blinds you to the fact that it's the booze causing the difficulties of life. So glad I'm approaching the anniversary of dad's death sober but feeling a little overwhelmed by the force of emotion. Just going to keep going.

Glad everyone is here. Haven't heard from Kev for a few days. I know she's busy but just want to say hi Kev for whenever you read this. Hope all is going well in your world xxx