View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
sugarangel

Originally Posted by CallMeJosh View Post
Hey sugarangel,

I wanted to see if you were doing as well as you have been. You gave me some amazing advice a few months back.. you..teatree..and we'll, this whole forum supported me. I guess I just wanted to give back and support you.

Hangin' in there?

Well.. I relapsed. Our drugs of choice are the same.

Life is stressful and I'm in over my head. I find myself saying "I can't handle this sober" and looking to use.. but I've been trying my best. Of course the withdrawals are still going..so m emotional, depressed, and just not able to handle anything. Going out to the mailbox creates such an overwhelming amount of fear and anxiety..same when the phone rings. It's like I cannot handle anything.. I think I need to get out and exercise.

I've followed your thread and secretly cheered for you in the background..now I'm expressing it for you and everyone to see.. our stories are similar and all the emotions you went through early on are eerily the same. Your triggers are like mine.. so..I feel as if I can say I kind of understand what you mean. I've argued with family members and that drives me to want to use.. same with work. My boss loves to nitpick. Then.. I just want to float away..high.

Stay positive. Stay strong.. we are all here to support you sugar.

- Josh
Wow, thanks Josh. I can relate so much to everything you said. Seriously. Like the thing about the mailbox. Or saying you can't handle this or that sober. Oh boy, that is exactly like me, and it is really nice to know I am not alone. Everything you said just really struck a cord with me. So thank you, and you are right, we do have the same triggers. I really needed to read this.
Awesome post.