Old 07-20-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Ananda

Yeah Kenton ... I had a thought today that when it appropreite to let go of the pain, it will leave a space for a great deal of joy and love. I think I'll think of it that way.

I'm not a mom type so I cant think of a worse thing than 6 weeks with the munchkins!

50 years ago today we landed on the moon! I remember. I was 10 an we were in Scotland. I believe it was Inverness and we were at a bed and breakfast or Inn.

My dad and the Innkeeper stayed up to watch and let us kids watch too (as it was daft o'clock there). My mom and the Innkeeper's wife huffed and puffed and rolled their eyes ... but space program always prevails. Dad was real into it as is my son, so we watch all we can. Chris use to set the alarm to get up and see the space shuttle take offs every time! He was born to late to see the Apollo's.

Sigh ... man I miss those times....

but the Ajan this morning talked about how if we thought we were going to kill the world (environmentally). He said we are not near that powerful and the planet will move on with out us and are garbage will become just a thin sliver of it's soil and history. The earth has outlasted whole species of plants and animals and all types of forms and will do so long after us....

(not that he didn't think we should work to help the environment, just saying...)

It kinda puts things in perspective.

I am an ant!