View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

My last hurrah with my ex was a camping trip. Everything was actually not that bad until he started drinking the booze he'd snuck on the trip. He got drunk and hid it so cleverly that he couldn't find it and thought one of us had taken hit.

We hid out at a neighboring campsite while he ranted and raved and threatened to kill us. This was in a very isolated spot in Allegheny National Forest. We'd come on this wonderful "vacation" at his insistence and he was a jerk the whole time.

I'd gone along with it because I knew he would pout and drink and rage if I didn't, but he pouted and drank and raged anyway. It took me a long time to get out of the habit of tiptoeing around him, even after we were apart. This isn't anything to do with other people, he's going to be angry no matter what, all I could do was get out of the way and ignore it as much as possible.

I just took a 1500 mille road trip with my kids and we had a blast. It can be done. You're much more capable than you give yourself credit for!

Hope you are safe and able to enjoy your trip. Take care.