View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
batchel9

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Detaching from his moods -- whatever they are -- is in your best interests since you are not able to go no contact with him completely.

Hurting people hurt people. Best explanation I can give. It's why it is important to remember that we are responsible for our own feelings and what we do with them.

Wanting to feel better and have a more positive outlook is something healthy people do. Addiction isn't healthy. Neither is codependence, but codependence sometimes feels more noble or self-sacrificng. It's still unhealthy.

Now, I can understand not being able to discontinue contact because of the kids. But why the camping trip together? Why put yourself in a position to have to squash your very valid feelings? Why the pretense that everything between you is fine?
We had these trips planned since January and I'm being stubborn. The kids live camping so I want them to still have these experiences. I have this trip and 2 more small ones planned this year already that I plan on doing. Nothing new will be planned for us as a group. Ultimately, the idea of camping by myself with 2 young kids sounded terrible also (lots of work). So either way has down sides.