View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
batchel9

Why are alcoholics so angry??

I am going above and beyond for AH right now. I pretty much have the kids 100% of the time. I'm doing everything with the divorce which he has agreed he wants also. I still manage all of our shared assets. Yet he is still constantly angry. Everyone says this is because he is "sad and hurting". If I were sad and hurting I would try to do something to make it better. Him being angry makes everything worse. I just don't understand and I don't know how to deal.

I know the themes on this board is to seperate myself from him completely. I have kids age 5 and 2 so that's not going to happen right away. I will be actively coparenting with him to make this as seemless as possible for kids. Like we are taking the kids camping this week together. Not ideal, but I will be grinning and bearing it for them.

Is my best approach handling his anger just to be sweet as a button 100% of the time? Wondering what some of you recovered alcoholics think. And hoping someone can explain why if someone is truly sad, why are they a d-bag and seemingly intentionally making things worse???