View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wholesome

How have you changed since quitting?

For me I've noticed that I'm a much quieter person than I was when I drank, I used to talk a lot more and now I listen. I also like to be alone, I was lonely when I drank because often I drank alone and my thoughts would get quite dark. I don't feel lonely now though even if I'm alone.

I've also rediscovered a love for learning, which is cool because I hated school back when I had to go. I am teaching myself though so it's not as structured as school was. I read a lot and think.

I spend more time outside. When I drank I was such a recluse, I felt so wretched most of the time that I wanted no part in the rest of society. Now I get stir crazy if I don't get outside for awhile each day.

Exercise! I love it! I love the feeling of pushing my body and getting stronger and that endorphin rush is the best! I'm starting to look in the mirror and see the person I used to be before I drank myself in a bloated tired looking mess.

My general disposition and mood are very even and mellow these days. I used to have a lot of highs and lows. I always felt weighted down. That's changed, I feel lighter, and way more positive. Everything used to seem so hard, it all took so much effort, and now I look forward to things and I have plans and goals again.

How have things changed for you?