Old 06-02-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

I've been busy cleaning pens outside! We added two more 3 month old Barred Rock hens to the batch that's going to my sister's somewhere down the road. They spend their days outside in a pen and inside at night in a carrier! They're actually sweet little girls to not having been handled too much before arriving here! One of them was really thin when she arrived. But with what she's been eating here? She's filling out fast!

I put Brandon on the floor a few minutes ago from his carrier! That BOY! He sashayed around my feet for a little bit. I reached down quickly to pick him up and he scooted quickly sideways away from me. That boy is quick! I was telling my sister and her husband how he brings the thunder in his carrier by screwing the bottom of the paper towel covered bottom. They got a big belly laugh out of that. Then he told me to put him outside so he could be with the hens. I told him he wouldn't do anything! Then he said: "Put a paper towel around those hens tail feathers!" OMG! We laughed so hard for so long!

Little Danny and Minnie's Momma is completely done with them now! She's back to sleeping in her bed on daddy's bed! Sherry was sleeping in it, so I made her a bed on the night stand beside Jethro. The two BR Ostriches are still in their clothes basket and of course Brandon has his clothes basket on the other night stand! Ginger is still sleeping in her blanket up against his chest. Shew! I'm glad it's him and not me! LOL

A few days ago Jethro was complaining about the new crew not giving us eggs! I told him to look in the Yucca plant! Sure enough! He yells out: "Pay day!" There were four eggs in the middle of the plant! LOL Then while removing poop from the straw inside their little coop he finds an egg buried. Then he checks the pit and finds La Nora also laid an egg. Then in one of the egg boxes in the house he finds a Sherry egg! He was grinning from ear to ear!

Here's a picture for ya of the new flock in the dog pen! I had sat down in a chair I brought out to rest for a bit after working around their area. They all gathered together to see why this human was sitting in their area! LOL

We had raked and cleaned all around this Yucca plant. So the two hens decided to use the center of it to set and lay their eggs in it!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD