View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 11:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Forward12

Originally Posted by rosesarered34 View Post
Thanks everyone for the feedback but I have no plans to leave my husband. Many here seem to be focusing on why he has never had a jail sentence? We have lived in 3 different states and one of his DWI does not come up another was reduced to "wreckless driving". So technically this will be his 4th and he did receive a home electronic monitoring sentence before. Lexi, yes I understand a trial will cost more. I worked as a paralegal for many years. I feel it is worth the money as the State has the burden of proof. He did not take any tests or blow. Granted, he was driving without a license so he will be convicted of that. I have read many articles that show jail sentences rarely help the addicted. Yes, my husband has been in rehab many times and has been unsuccessful. I am happy to report that he is currently slowing down his drinking. I have the breathaylzer device on my van now and realize I should of done it years ago. Although it makes you blow randomly as you drive and I need to get use to it. There is not many Alanon meetings around me but I think I will give it a try. My daughter is graduating high school in a few weeks and is interested in a community college. My other kids are doing great in soccer and baseball. I keep them busy and they seem to be unaffected my by husband.
Your daughter seems to be highly influenced by her dad thinking that drinking and driving is perfectly acceptable behavior. She sounds like she's going down a very dangerous path. Also I'm sure your other children are also highly affected, even if you may think they aren't.
Alcoholic households brings hell to everyone. You for sure have a lot on your plate to get sorted out.