Old 05-14-2017, 10:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
seek

Fallen Angelica: Just some background - I attended Alanon and other 12 Step meetings for six plus years - sometimes two meetings a day . . .

I have listened to Abe-Hicks vids for several years . . .

I am not a "true follower" of either, however I see benefit in Abe-Hicks - focusing on "what you want, instead of what you don't want."

Every 12 step meeting I have ever attended focuses on "the problem." And since what you focus on expands, I don't find that helpful.

I do think it's wonderful that 12 steps help people - however, if you are here to convince me of 12 step wonders, please note that this particular forum is "secular" - NOT 12 step . . . I have been in many groups and 12 step groups - and because my beliefs don't fall in line with the teachings - have been pressured to conform - and I want to be free of that. I respect that it works for other people and I am not trying to recruit anyone into thinking about things differently . . . I started this thread A LONG TIME AGO, and there has been hardly any interest in just looking at how we might approach another person's addiction from an LOA perspective . . . since my initial post, my thinking has evolved and I am not focusing ONLY on LOA .

However, if you use LOA to assist you in dealing with an alcoholic or addict, I would love to hear your methods and practices.

I don't want to argue about 12 step - want to be free of that here . . . you can find 100's of other places to discuss that model.

Look forward to hearing your experiences with LOA and other's addictions.

And no, I do not want your criticism of me or how I am "doing it." lol