View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Zircon

Hi All,
Not sure what I'm feeling right now! Trying to continue to have faith in people, and the justice system.
I didn't think this was going to be so difficult.
The judge awarded him the whole kubota tractor we bought together. It's worth about 10,000. I actually paid for it when we bought it.
Also she is expecting me to pay the 868.00 we owe because my AH made a mistake on the taxes and didn't dispute it, just paid his half.
I think the judge thought we wanted the whole kubota, not half the value.
I am very grateful for getting half the equity in our home, but not having to wait. But as everyone says the time will pass quickly!
The judge gave him our business.
I guess I need to look at this as a victory, even though there are no winners when your dealing with this disease, only incredible pain and heartache!
I spoke with my lawyer yesterday. He is going to file a motion regarding the:
1.) kubota: stating we only requested 1/2 the value, since I bought it not the whole thing.
2.)The taxes owed: Inform the judge that I was never given the choice of whether to dispute the amount owed. There was no communication from my AH except 2 pages of a 7 page letter sent to him from the IRS, 1 week before the money was due. It never indicated what he had done. We sent a communication to his lawyer that we felt we didn't owe the money. We only found out in court that my AH paid 1/2 the taxes owed and now wants me to pay the other 1/2, even though we don't owe it
3.)The judge had 2 different orders about his IRA accounts. In one place she awards me 1/2 of his IRA account. In another place she awards me 1/2 the growth for the duration of our marriage. My lawyer is questioning that. He feels that an IRA is not a pension plan but a savings account so I should be getting 1/2.
4.) the other issue is the gun collection was never mentioned. It should be spilt 1/2. It has considerable worth. When the police took everything from the house, they said to me all this stuff is worth well over 30,000.
I hope the judge doesn't thing I'm being ungrateful for what she's already decided on, but every penny is important to me
My lawyer said he'll submit theses requests to her. We won't have to go to court again, unless their is something she really needs discussed. Once we get all this settled, once my AH and I sign the decree, it'll be 30 days and the divorce will be final.
Of course I'm sure my AH lawyer will be submitting motions herself too. My AH didn't want to give me any of the house or his IRA, so we'll have to see what happens there.
Most of the stuff we're asking for are clarifications of the IRA order, and being sure the judge understood the situation with the taxes and kubota.
Feeling so drained and like I've been hit by a truck!!
Z