View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Hi Suze!
I am SO HAPPY that you are beginning a new life. Russian, Polish,
Scottish, Irish! Now that's tough! And when you mix in Aussie I doubt that it gets any tougher than that. America is privileged to have folks like you and Nick.
One of my favorite movies is the one about Gallipoli in WW1 and the bravery of the Aussie's there. The so called "lost battalion", all gone, victims of English generals' blunders as well as misjudgment by Mr. Churchill.

Fondly

Bill and Boswell

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Ah ha...Aussies are very tough....I know that I am most definitely made of the strongest stuff. But I get that from my parents, who were Scottish and English from Russian and Polish parents. It is indeed an interesting mix.

As many of our friends here know, I have been very poor for years....it is only because of my dad's hard work that I have any money now. Nick and I decided to use a little to set up, and then my amazing man is going to take care of me. I am blessed all around.

And Bill ~ I appreciate beyond belief every single thing that we have bought for our home....I have NEVER had nice things of any kind before. Never. Until recently, the only things I have ever bought myself are the two laptops I own and my plane tickets to come here.

This is all very, very new for me. And it is new for Nick as well.
We just walk around our home every day and smile in disbelief....this is really ours. This is our life together ~ just the beginning in fact.

And your cat was truly gorgeous....I hope we can have a black cat. I really do.

So much love to you and your wife and wonderful Bosley.