View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 04:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
I don't mean to feel the need to conform. That would require being aware that you're different. What I mean is, don't most people just feel fine the way that they are and comfortable around people by default?
I really don't think so.

I think "most" people are coping to feel just fine the way that they are and to appear comfortable around people by default.

I think that's why alcohol is so prevalent. I think that's why so many people are on medication. I think that's why there is so much narcissistic and ego-driven behavior and why it seems to be on the rise. It think that society has increasingly lost the notion of the collective and of community and it has driven a feeling of isolation and comparison among human beings that drives a wedge of uncertainty between us all - and even though they may appear to be "just fine" on the surface.... I think most people are walking around doing their best and carrying inner worries, doubts, concerns and fears - or else dulling them out with various modern-day coping mechanisms.