View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jane63

Hi Laurie and welcome to SR!
First, CONGRATS on your 5-days and 1 1/2 hours!!! Be proud!!!
I am not sure about all the medications you are being given, but sounds like your doctor is addressing alot of the symptoms of WDs...Pain, anxiety and sleeplessness? I am stumped on the Ritilin though{?} Keep in mind that eventually you will have to taper off all the meds you are being given for WDs which will all seem "right" as alittle time goes on.

I went into a 4-day detox last year and was given Clonadine in the patch form which I wore 2-patches on my back for almost 2-weeks. I thought it worked very well in keeping the WDs at bay as I didn't experience alot of the symptoms others had such as diareahea and vomiting. {yuk!} I even decided to take off one of the Clonadine {Catapress} patches before I was told to because I felt it was slowing me down more and I was fine with just the one.

I would suggest keeping in touch often with your doctor to let him know of any symptoms you are having...both so that if they need monitoured and also so that he might set your mind at ease. The WDs DO pass and even though you might not feel 100% for awhile, you will begin to feel better as each day passes!! It is different for everyone, but for me the worst part lasted about a week, with me feeling better when I got to come home {of course} but then I still had my good and bad days for at least another month after that...mainly my problem was that I had absolutely no energy and that drove me nuts, but I made sure I was eating right {small, easy to prepare snacks throughout the day...mini muffins, oranges and toast saved my life! LOL!}, getting some exercise daily even if it was just walking around the house or backyard, getting to bed at a decent hour and not stressing if I couldn't sleep {read, crochet, knit, etc. watch oldies but goodies!} and just trying to stay focused and knowing that you will feel better soon and this will be behind you...and a wonderful and new life ahead!!

Well, hope this has helped you some! I have a thread here on this forum somewhere from the first day I started posting here until just after I was over 1-year clean if you want to read my story.
Best of luck to you and you can also PM me anytime! I don't come in as often but will respond! ****{HUGS}}}
Jane