View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Corgi

Originally Posted by BecomingSober View Post
Hi, I have seen it numerous places that alcohol particularly binge drinking raises blood pressure. In fact it is one of the things that scared me enough to quit (only day 13). Anyone have any experience? If you quit drinking will your blood pressure come back down? Is there hope? I plan to see a doctor in about 6 weeks. At least with alcohol out of the picture, I can tell the truth and address the issue. The last time I was in to the doctor about 2 years ago I lied about my alcohol use. I feel I need to fess up this next time.
Lucy
I have a blood pressure monitor at work - high stress job. Historically I was in the 140/100 range. I would describe my drinking as that more than social but not fall down drunk. That dangerous area of 3-5 glasses of wine daily - sometimes less but sometimes more but daily. I've not had a drink in 30 days and today I tested at 119/85 which is the best it has ever been. I have many older relatives on high blood pressure medicine and 2/3 are big drinkers. So i definitely noticed a big difference.