View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
MesaMan

So...

Imagine you had Sobered-up, and were putting your sordid past behind you. Skip the old Haunts. Take a Route Home not past that fav Liquor Store. However, some reminders couldn't be shaken, and were a constant reminder. Like your Surname, for example. A local County Commissioner has Election Signs everywhere. His name?

Douglas Casebier

Here's another one to make you feel instantly normal on this Monday Morning. We studied Satie at University in Music Classes. Definitely marched to his own Drummer. Our over-consumption of Ice Cream seems pretty normal compared with eating only White Food, eh? OCD much?

- Composer Erik Satie Was So Much Weirder Than You Realize -

It's forecast to hit 102 F [39 C] here today. Shake & Bake. After MesaMate returns from Pilates, we're headed down to The Big City for Celebratory Sushi. Ye Olde 35th Wedding Anniversary is today. I add on >4 years of Living In Sin [and buying our first House back then], and call it 39 Years total. We still pretty much on a no Alcohol Stint around here, so - of course - Married Life is predictably good. We go our separate ways tomorrow for 10 Days. That, and totally-separate Financials, nips most all Conflict in the Bud.

MesaMate's HS Principal used to drag her in circa '78, and demand to know when we were getting Married so as to stave off Community Complaints. Meanwhile, the Driver's Ed Teacher was driving underage Girls out to Back Roads to see 'how badly' they wanted to pass his Class. A: pretty badly. The Married Bank Prez was shagging his Secretary on the side while joining in the clamor against our then-Alt Lifestyle in Cow Town Colorado. This Upstanding Citizen, and his Wife, crashed our Wedding and Reception; despite not being invited. 'Etiquette is overrated' ~ Me

I carry my residual Opinion of such Hypocrites into the Voting Booth this November.

Sunrise a while ago...