View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
pandblvr

With suboxone, when you are using it as prescribed, less is more. If you really have the end goal of being of it someday, you don't want to take a big piece because then you just increase your habit. Not from doing it once, but after a while you need more just like any other drug, bc you build up a tolerance.

I'm sorry to say, and I don't know the whole story, but I would be alarmed since the other drugs he's taking are not prescribed. He's got to be buying them off the street or trading them for something.

I really pray for you both that maybe your ultimatum will be the push he needs. Maybe he is at that jumping off point where he just needs something to push him over and he can finally say enough is enough, I don't want to live like this anymore.

But addiction is a family disease. It is the only disease that effects people not afflicted with it. It destroys lives-think about how stressed you are and the added drama and turmoil in your life. If you decide to stay with him and fight the fight, this will be a lifelong battle, for you and him. It is possible to live happy, joyous and free from this but it is a lot of work, but all worth it in the end. The gratitude you will have for others and life after you come out on the other side is amazing and humbling. You learn that through your experiences you can help others, and that is what life is all about. Think about how if you make someone smile, how good that feels as opposed to just buying a pair of shoes or something. It sounds cheesy I know, but it is true.

Good luck and I wish you both the best<3 Keep fighting<3