Thread: Sanity tips
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Priscilla84

Oops, I meant that I can understand having trouble cutting ties for good. Not "no trouble." It's so difficult to give up all hope and close the book for good.

Originally Posted by Priscilla84 View Post
Kata, I can understand having no trouble cutting the ties for good. I'm in the same boat. I think by doing all these things you are doing you will find it easier to cut all ties. But we all do it on our own time frame. It's a process, as you said. But you are doing amazing things that will get you there when the time is right.

One thing that is really helping me is the app Coursera. You can audit classes for free and watch the lectures from different universities and take quizzes, etc. I am taking some that will teach me some skills that will help me in my job, and some for fun- a creative writing course, and history of rock and roll

As for the Krav Maga, IMO if you're being attacked you can't be too brutal in self defense. I'll take out some eyes instead of being raped. But really the classes are, I'm sure, a great work out and stress reliever.