Thread: Sanity tips
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kata

Sanity tips

Hello!

As I've been doing my best not to engage with my ABF and noy give in to the insanity, I've been reflectiong on what I've recently been doing that has helped me focused on me and feel better about myself. I thought maybe if these things offer me some comfort and help me stay in control of that which I can control - me, maybe the could help someone else. And maybe some of you have tips and strategies to share too! So here it goes:

I've been taking 3 dances classes a week, so it keeps me busy for 2 evenings a week. Through dance I've come to realized that making a fool of myself won't kill me. It aslo affords me the opportunity to get out of my head for 3 precious hours. Through that, I've met new people that are slowly becoming new friends.

I read a lot, which feeds my natural curiosity and my love of learning. It also provides me with a means of escape.

I've started taking Krav Maga classes. It give me a chabces to throw punches and kicks for a good 2 hours every week. But I think that the most valuable thing I'm learning is to defend myself. I think that in the long run, being able to defend myself from physical attacks will teach me to set and consistently enforce emotional/psychological boundaries. I also think it is slowly helping me gain confidence and walk woth my head held up high.

I try to rely and confided in my closest friends a bit more. You know, the type of friends that you know will me there for you if you call at 3 am, the ones that will you the thruth, the ones that love you no matter what. The have been wonderful.

What are your tips and tricks?