Old 02-17-2016, 07:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

Cobra It helps to read the dates before responding. This thread is over 8 years old. A lot more info is known about this life-saving medication. Not to mention the laws are changing to help more addicts gain access to it...thru reducing the costs as well as lifting restrictions on who can prescribe it.

Also, it can be very dangerous, giving out medical advice, especially when it's wrong! You mentioned taking suboxone after just 24 hours? My doctor didn't begin the induction process until a lot longer than that...closer to 72 hours. That's why it's necessary to work with a doctor. Someone who went to medical school! I doubt my dealer graduated from high school!

Precipitated withdrawals are no joke!

Marcus, we have a suboxone forum here on this site for people interested in going that route. And Dee posted the best way to locate a doctor.

I totally agree with Tbeitt! Don't let anyone make you feel bad about yourself. Do whatever you need to do to get off street drugs. If you can come down to the New York area you will find quite a few doctors that accept insurance.

Hope you find someone!
Good luck to you!