Old 02-16-2016, 08:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
CobraCommander

Originally Posted by PJdawg5597 View Post
I live in Mass and I have Masshealth for insurance. I am having an unbelievably hard time finding a doctor that accepts my insurance. All I ever hear from doctors is that, this is a cash only program. Usually something like 300 to 500 hundred for the first visit and 100 to 200 hundred for every visit after that. I've actually come into contact with a few doctors that do take Masshealth but if you want suboxone then they do not take it. I had to think about this for a second but this does not make any sense to me what so ever accept that most doctors are trying to take advantage of heroin addicts.
I got out of detox 1 week ago. As any heroin addict knows my cravings are unbelievable. To combat them I have been going to NA. But sometimes I feel that I am holding on by a thin thread. I am someone that has been trying to get off of heroin for 12 years. I have been in and out of so many detox s. At one point I had 3 years of recovery and yet here I am again.
I really need help from someone. PLEASE anyone that has Masshealth and knows where there is a doctor that accepts this insurance, without being a crook, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. To all who have read this, thank you for your time
i had the same problem when i was tryin gto get in to a program to get off pills. i only found one and it was over a 3 week waiting list. in my opinion suboxone is no different then taking pain pills or heroin, it just doesnt get you high but its just as addicting and you get sick without it. i believe these places that make you pay a ridiculous price are just the new legal ways to distribute pills. i think eventually these places will get shut down. i hear people getting on this stuff and then saying they been on it for years. im like years? that stuff is only suppose to be temp to get you through withdrawals easier. to make a long story short, nobody would take my insurance either. i ended up tapering and then cold turkey. i know this doesnt help much, but i understand how you feel. i spent over 8 hours in 3 days on the phone trying to find these places and got no help at all. they all were either closed, relocated, or in a diff state. barely any take insurance. its just a ridiculous amount that they want you to pay, and they want you to do it per session. i see why so many people just give up and die. theres almost no where to turn for help when your at the end of the road everyone slams the door on you when all you want is some info