Thread: Double winners
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 08:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Misstea

Hello, I am new to this site. I would like to share a bit on the double winner thread. I have been in al-anon since november 1983. I have been in AA since Dec 1983. I belong in each 12 step group equally. Both dependencies have almost killed me in one way or another. I need both equally. The al-anon and Nar-anon meetings I have gone to welcomed me completely. They only asked that I did not share my AA and NA problems and solutions in their meetings and not to dwell while speaking on the fact I was and I will always be a double winner. I also can not hold any postions higher than chair in Al-non. I understand this. I was just so grateful to be allowed to be in the group. I was miserable and I was suffering from my "co-dependency" There are so many of us double winners that suffer from the ism and the alcohol traits.

When I am at an al-anon meeting or an Nar-anon meeting I am a grateful member of that group. That goes for other type 12 step meetings I attend. I love the traditions because I find they are the foundation for the groups as the steps are the foundation for recovery. . .any type recovery in the 12 step philosophy.

Thank You for allowing me to be a part of this web site.
MissTea