View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Jazzyjazz

how long do i wait to take my suboxon after tooth pulled

Originally Posted by orcoast View Post
My ten years of drug use, destroyed my teeth. Im not blaming it ALL on the drug use, but at least 80%.
well, valentines day was TEN months on suboxone for me, with no slips at all.

Ive had three abcesses in my mouth (most of my teeth are broken at the gumline) in the last 6 months. the latest one, wouldnt go away, even with a ton of antibiotics.

So I went to see the dental surgeon, with my tax return, and a family members help......... got a 'work up' of how much dentures would be,
grand total.......... $8,760
yesterday, they pulled all the bottom teeth, except for 4 rite in the center in which my partial denture will fit around. and since Im just 30, itll keep my jaw bone from recieting too much.
I didnt know if Id get thru it with just subs and motrin.
but its the end of day 2, and Im doing it!
my doc gave me a couple benzos to take before my procedure, to relax a lil since I was awake for the entire thing........ but relaxed at least
2 and half hours in the chair
I heard everything. those broken teethe being chipped outta my head!!

BUT, its day two, and I feel like the worst of the pain is behind me. well, at least til the top gets done. theyre taking ALL 13 of the top! gonna have a full denture up there.
Im so happy I'll be able to smile agian.
Ive been hiding my teeth for so long. every pic when I smile, I never show my teeth.
its something thats been a daily reminder of the terrible choices I made, and am/was currently liveing with in recovery.
I DO feel 'empowered' today.
it felt so good to say 'no' I do need any pain pills.......
when all I used to do was TRY and convince the docs I needed more!!
suboxone and dental work, even vigourous work can be done.
you just gotta prepare for it.
I skipped my dose the night before surgery, and didnt take any till after i got home from the dentist the day of. I did this just in case i did choose to take something else, and so if I DIDNT i'd hopefully feel some kind of pain relief from my suboxone. AND i did.
I was so happy my plan 'A' worked.
and I'll know what to expect when I go in to get the top 13 out!!!
thanks for letting me share
I just had a tooth pulled and also dont want 2 take pain meds.im sure that no opioids were used in my procedure because i took my quarter of suboxon last night and im not sick.i was wondering how long i should wait to take my suboxon?