View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by alterity View Post
So, here is what I know about the end of last week. B had taken something along the lines of GHB. He showed up at his Dad's house disoriented Thursday. His Dad brought him the next day to his routine weekly drug testing but he didn't attend. Instead, he took off. B was found in a really bad part of a drug infested city on some doorway by a man later that night, with his phone, wallet, and shirt off his back stolen. Since a warrant had been issued for his arrest for not attending his drug test session, B turned himself in at the jail Friday. Alternating between screaming and crying, jail staff sent him to the psychiatric ward at a local hospital. CT scan revealed an anomaly. MRI is currently being done. Dual diagnoses are the worst.
Yikes. Yes, dual diagnoses are the worst.

And this goes back to what I wrote yesterday about a strong maternal instinct. In situations like this, I bet it's off the scale. On the one hand, it seems pretty clear there are serious mental health/cognitive issues with him, and of course your first inclination is to try to help him in every way humanly possible.

On the other hand, though, if this is indeed the case, then what can you really do for him? If he's really, really ill, then he'll be unable to absorb the love and support you or anyone gives him. He's simply not capable of it.

I know this is horrendously awful for you. All I can tell you is take it a moment at a time, and do your best to make the right decisions for you.

Keep us posted.