View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
alterity...

Welcome back. I wasn't here when you had your first go-round with us. But my hope is you'll find comfort and solace during your time with us.

I, myself, do not have children. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for you as your son has slowly unraveled. A nightmare is probably putting it too mildly. But as you're no doubt aware, we have a lot of moms here that have been in your shoes to one degree or another. Not to steal their thunder, but I suspect after years and years of this, they would advise you to start taking care of you.

The hardest thing for any parent is to detach from a child who is this ill. My guess is it goes against every paternal/maternal instinct there is. The question you have to ask yourself is what's the alternative?

Anyways, I'll cede to our moms. They are, unequivocally, our most precious resource in our little corner of SR. Allow them to embrace you and comfort you. And be open to what they share with you. You may not believe this, but there is hope for you.

Welcome back, and God bless.