Old 02-19-2015, 01:17 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Here an ugly experience I had in AA: I was sober a short while and was befriend by a member who like to chat after meetings. I noticed he didn`t seem to have a lot of friends in AA but we were both ex-pats in a foreign country so it was all good.

It wasn`t long before I realized the man had an angry streak and constantly blamed AA for his inability to stay sober. At several meetings he tried getting the group to read non-AA approved material but it was a non-starter. It was odd because most who don`t like AA just don`t come back but not him.

It all came to a head one evening when he felt a member had "disrespected" him and assaulted the guy. Just got up, walked over and punched the man in his face. Fortunately, three other members grabbed the him before he could throw another punch and I went outside to get the local police. It wasn`t long after that he decided to leave the country. Thank god.

Another time there was a similar situation with another member (although he never hit anyone.) Flat-out angry and you just didn`t want to be in the same room as the guy.