Old 02-18-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
...Screw that. Kick em out, tell em they aren't welcome if they can't behave decently.
The local gossip within my local AA community is that one of the pillars was requested not to attend a particular meeting from the woman chairing. The guy was also taken aside at another meeting and warned not to hit up on the women.

I don`t know anything outside of the gossip but apparently this fellow has a history of bothering women in the fellowship.

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
The dangers of mingling with a potentially seedy crowd seems to come with the territory of being in recovery. Let's face it: all of us who have attended AA meetings have seen some sketchy characters.
Yep, I`ve seen some rough characters in the rooms over the years. Members who for various reasons were plain bad news.

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
...As alcoholics, we have learned that we don't deserve to meet outdoors or in nicely decorated public spaces; instead we gather in small church basements under the cover of darkness and anonymity. Even in our own minds we believe that we don't deserve to expect safety; we should just be happy that anyone still wants our company.
Not sure if I would go along with that. I never felt that way.