View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
namommy

I've been dealing with something similar. I LOVE to help people, just for the sake of helping. I don't say anything about any of it. Someone recently approached me and said they think I am doing it just to get recognition. Hell, if it wasn't for someone else saying something about it, no one else would even know. It pissed me off that people always think that you have some other motive for doing the right thing for the right reason.

Our Unity (A&E) committee has been doing alot of whining lately about how much they do and how no one supports them. I went off at Area last Sunday and pissed off a whole lot of people. I pointed out all the times people have offered their help and were basically told to go 'F' themselves and then the chair person plays the martyr afterwards because "I've been doing this all alone for 20 months" whine, whine. He didn't like it very much when I started pointing out all the times help was offered and then other people started chiming in as well with their experience with him.

It happens everywhere, just keep doing the right thing for the right reason, and you will be able to comfortably lay your head on your pillow at night.