View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
godsonmyside
Vision of Hope

Principles-Motives-not Prestige!!

Service is great, I really believe in "Doing the right things for the right reasons." And sometimes even that pisses people off. And all I can do is pray for them.
We (Public Information) in this Area were non-existing for well over 1 1/2 years until I was voted in. Now, we are motivated and exited to get the job done. Our A&E in our area seems to be a little put out by our energy to do so. Yesterday things got heated through out the day. 10Am Area-2PM A&E -5PM H&I and 6PM PI, so yeah it was a very long day.
I was accused of dope-fiening funds for our event, there is not prudent reserve for PI here, and the facility that we rents we found out that a homegroup messed up. It was $25 to rent, now its $100 + $50 dep., PI had to go talk to the facility about the situation and decided to keep a good name with this church. We would never have known about this had we not contacted themabout reserving this place. So we had to get the monies up front. So now I'm the dope-fiend? LOL
I am noticing that there is alot of prestige people are having with these positions and It can not bring any good to NA by acting as if nobody can do anything other than 1 sub-committee for events, all We can do is just do it and encourage that they look at the guide lines.
Our Vice-Chair for PI was appoligizing for our event to A&E yesterday while I was getting coffee, Burned me up, So I had to say that , in no shpe or form was I, I don't say I'm sorry for doing the job to the best of my ability. It's not my fault people aren't informed about how service is done. Talk to your sponsor if you don't like it, right? right!
So anyway, my motives were and are good, its for the good of NA, the service structure and so on.

Peace,
Todd J.