Old 01-10-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Mango blast

My husband seemed very appreciating of what I was able to do on a super small budget. He spent much needed time with our family, was getting ready for his long trip to his sister's home and helped me with wrapping the presents.

I about freaked over spending so much on the blankets, but prayed for guidance and felt okay with it. Got a cashier who said she loves these blankets! Cheered me momentarily until she added that she'll be buying them as soon as they go on sale and that she uses them for their dogs. Then I felt crushed - - that I was spending too much on them and that I was giving a present barely worthy of dogs to our children, and really pushing our budget as well! As terrible as I felt and through my tears, I still had a realization that the problem was much more inside me than from without.

My breakdown over that seems natural in retrospect. In doing for others, I again wasn't doing what was needed for me first. The emotions were growing ones. It was a good holiday and I'm so thankful for the time our family had together, for our extended family, for the love in our lives and the acceptance of ourselves and each other, as we are.