View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wantneeda
Miss Behavin'

Oh.....thats great!!!.( to see the book for free) I just bought myself one last night for $5.50. But thats ok, it can travel with me.....to work on the bus....to the couch....to bed for a little read before the lights go out.....to the bathroom....k I'll stop right there! lol
Renee B, i too find that my addiction to chaos had me in its grips but as time has gone by I am finding positive things to do to keep busy. Of course getting a job really helped.
I work in a personal care home looking after 5 sweet little old ladies. thankkful I can help them & talk to them. Maybe some volunteer work? I read in a book by Dr Wayne Dyer (who by the way I totally recommend!!) The Power of Intention, that acts of kindness promote seritonin for the giver and the receiver. That feel good stuff.
Honestly I have found my HP so much out in nature. Things I never noticed or saw the beauty in before are jumping out at me.
I spend lots of time praying outside. I sometimes give my problems to the birds that I see flying by to take to God for me. Once in treatment there was a park close by and I started going for walks early in the morning, seeing the sun rise I really find breathtaking, well i saw hundreds of birds in the park every morning. My first thought when I saw them squakin away was that they were conversing about which order the problems would be handed over first,second....LOL
Museums and art galleries are a great way to pass time.
Sometimes when i have too much on my plate and feel confused I climb a tree. Kind of like a bear when he wants to get a clearer picture of where he wants to go.
I too spend alot of time at home, I don't want to run into old "friends". I went to the doctor yesterday and he wanted to know if because i spend so much time at home if I thought I was depressed....I said no, i just feel safe there....I'm learning to be comfortable in my own skin...I could never be alone before.
Anyway as more time goes by i find beauty in the small things and I'm grateful for that.
Maybe journaling or writing would help to,poetry perhaps?
I've become passionate about LIFE! Every day is a gift. And we get to live it sober if we choose to!!! That is a blessing in itself! May be you want to go to schoolEveryday i find the more I learn the less I know!!! \\//peace