View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Time2Surrender

Hey Renee,that void will go away.Heres what I did.When I first started meetings I felt out of place.But,I kept going.I would show up early and stand outside smoking.People would introduce themselves to me.I would stay late also.And people would invite me to go for coffe after the meeting(like we didnt drink enough in the meeting) Slowly I got to know people and started making friends.The next thing you know I had a whole new circle of friends.Friends who were more caring and better friends than I had ever known.Now I no longer feel out of place at meetings.I actually look forward to going each night.I love the fellowship.I go to a meeting and thats where all my friends are now.I also really enjoy participating in the activities the group has.We go on camping trips,picnics,bowling,etc.On the weekends I have BBQ's at my house and invite people from the group over.Same thing with movies.I invite people from the group over to watch a movie and order some pizza's or whatever.You will find people from all walks of life in the program with pretty much all different types of intrests and hobbies.For me,well Im pretty much the Redneck type and I am really into cars and trucks.Those are the type of people I also made friends with in AA/NA.We go to the races a lot during the summer.I have a few friends that own race cars,and other friends building classic cars.Stay sober and keep going to your meetings and meeting new people.Before you know it you will find you have less spare time then you ever had.