View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DrrSuessss

Question Insurance and Suboxone Treatment

First of all, I live in Minnesota and have Medical Assistance. I am going to start a suboxone program tomorrow, I have had enough of this crazy sick/using/withdrawal roller coaster. My husband has been on subs for about a month now and I tried some today and they are amazing! No withdrawal, no cravings, no high, no emotional mess.

I found a few drs through the suboxone website and naabt.com. I called a few places and the costs where nearly identical and the one place that says they will give me the info to submit my costs to my insurance told me that my states medical assistance programs (there are a few different ones in MN) will not pay for office visits for suboxone treatment but they will pay for the prescription.

My mother is going to pay the $300 for the first visit but with the new ACA laws it seems like my insurance HAS TO pay for the visit. Anyone here have any experience. I am so excited to finally get my life back in order but I am unsure I can keep up with $300 a month in dr costs. Any advice would be much appreciated.