Old 01-07-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
scottwal

Kahleen!!!

Hi every one, good to hear that everyone is fighting the good fight...
Kahleen, if the suboxone is working and keeping your son off heroin or oxy's, why not stay on it. I have been a heroin addict for 16+ years. I have been on 32mg, yes 32mg (I know all about the ceiling folks..ok) for 2 years and I'm only thinking now to come down to a managable dose...ie. 8-16mg.
The higher the dose, the harder it is to knock it off the receptors with opiates. This is a MIRACLE drug...take full advantage of it!!! Tell your son that he has to take NO notice of you, his family and friends...this is you son's addiction and he should be managing it. Tell him that if he has to be on it for 10 years...then so be it.
Mums, dads, family and friends...get over the fact that your kid/friend is an addict...it is their addiction, when we choose to get on Suboxone...it is a miracle...let us manage it...

Kahleen, I know it's hard. I have watch my mum and dad...and everyone else, God bless you, may you have heaps of strength and peace...your son will be fine...he may have to stay on it for a while...I'm in Australia, we stay on it for how ever how long you need to be on it for...Bless you and your son...