View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
InsertNameHere
Random Guy

I'm here reading, and boy do I have a few things to tell you ladies. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time, as I am taking a page out of Jen's playbook and procrastinating things I should have done a long time as I type.

Hey James!

Hypo, that scenario sucks, I agree with your mom on that one. Awesome on the new shrink. And congrats on no longer single, as you may read later neither am I (kind of).

Jen I am doing the same right now and have this whole holiday, ugh I wonder is this is a lesson I will ever learn.

The short version from me is that time home went well. The family was cool and not overly intrusive, mostly just glad to see me and be able to chat. A couple of old friends just happen to be in town for the holidays as well so that was neat. On the recovery side, I didn't go to any meetings in my hometown as I just didn't have the time. After talking with my sponsor about it though I agree with him in that I need to be sure to make the time even or especially when things are going well.

Now here is the biggie for me at least. I think I have a girlfriend now

Its a really complicated scenario that I don't have time to go into right now, and we only had one dinner date after initially meeting while I was back home but it went really well and we have been chatting away since. We have a ridiculous amount of things in common and she is the first woman I have met in a long time that I have a genuine interest in. Honestly I think I am going through an infatuation phase right now, but from what she is saying shes right there with me. So in that regard it is a good thing that we don't live anywhere near each other as it is forcing us to take things slow.

I am pretty jazzed though, I haven't smiled this much in a long time. On that note I am trying to not get too excited or start expecting things. I am trying my best to let go of any outcome and just see where things lead. Not always very well mind you, but I am trying.

There is more but now I have spent way to long procrastinating on here and will have to get back to work.

Have a good one all!