View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Haha, good point Jeni. None of us who post here actually got sober in March! Yup, my sobriety date is 28th of Feb but I posted here because I didn't want to just catch the tail end of a thread. I don't think I realised they carried on after the month. Cos I'm an idiot.

I had an awful night last night with an old friend who got totally pissed. I ended up having a fag cos I was steaming (in an angry not a drunk way) but I had no escape because he was staying at mine. In any other situation I would have just left. I didn't realise but we have met up a few times since I stopped drinking but never with him crashing at mine. Basically he drank half a bottle of vodka before we went out and then had about 5 pints out. Not that much in the grand scheme of things but he can't drink like he used to and he was very wobbly and a bit of an arse. He tried to kiss me too, he said he was just being friendly but I have a sneaking suspicion that he prefers it when I was single (as a side note I am officially no longer single ) and that was one of the reasons he got so drunk to start of with. I am just totally at a loss what to do about our friendship? I can't tolerate this sort of thing and I can't tolerate drunk people. I spoke to my mum about it and she thinks I shouldn't say anything and next time he gets in touch just put down the boundaries then and say I'd prefer not to meet up if he's drinking. The thing I am thinking though is that I have tolerated so much already and I am about ready to **** a few people off but I don't know if I am just being an over dramatic arse. I am also meeting up with my friend tomorrow who doesn't drink and has been less than supportive about my lifestyle choices. He wrote in my Xmas card about just wanting me to be happy and to be honest I found it really patronising. I have got angry with him before about not being supportive about my sobriety and yet he still makes comments... Also another thing that annoyed me was we were supposed to meet up over Christmas and he never got in touch about dates then texted me on boxing day basically saying we'd meet for drinks at 7. I had a date that night so told him I would come up to Manc the following week and he didn't respond, then turned up at my house anyway to drop my present off. Am I allowed to be pissed off about that? I just feel like I say stuff and people ignore me and do what they want anyway...

Ranty rant rant rant

I have counselling this afternoon and I don't want it to turn into a rant about stuff that has pissed me off that day. I think I maybe need to work on healthy boundaries and anger management though.

I am very happy with the guy I am seeing though. He's really nice and he doesn't ever drink more than one pint so that isn't an issue and I feel like I might not be able scare him off. So far so good.

How is everyone else doing? x