Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sarahp12

Believe me, I do not wear rose colored glasses and completely place all blame on him, she is an adult and has made her choices. She went from a college scholarship, a degree, a house, a good job....to not having a dollar in her pocket.

The police haven't been much help for the last few years. Friday we begged them to take her to jail and then have her transferred to a hospital, they refused our request. They did tell her if they found out she was back at that house, they would do everything they could to put her in prison, because he was going to kill her. She has continually refused to press charges against him, he has continually used guilt and manipulation to control her, and frankly, I think the police are tired of dealing with their issues. We did have a member of the drug task force tell us off-record that her boyfriend has been an "informant" for them, but they "dont' owe him anything". He even escaped jail last year while on work release, and they decided to drop all charges against him. He seems to have the police department (small town) in his back pocket for some reason, and we can't really figure out why/how.