View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
miamifella

Colffusion --I thought that not responding was central to the program. In every group I ever attended they were pretty strict about not allowing crosstalk. It is always interesting to find out how many variations there are in the program.

kiethj--I know that there are sponsor who get more involved at the start, but they are the ones who do the tests of willingness, which I think can be really destructive. The old-timers (at least in where I have lived) want to see some proof of seriousness before they invest time, so they do not get that involved until Step 4. (Since the first three steps are the ones that are given not worked that makes sense to me. Yes, doing all the crazy tasks may prove you did those first steps--but it does not cause them to happen.)

To be fair, with all the people who drift in and out, and sponsors already in short supply, they cannot extend themselves to everyone. It may be frustrating but it is understandable.

I am writing about Florida--the rehab capital of the world. I guess it may be different in places without so may newbies.