View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
StevenT

The only thing I have to say here is that you can disagree without being disagreeable. If there's something in the BB that you don't agree with, or that you think is misunderstood, talk about it. Your service position has absolutely no bearing on your individuality, and should not make you feel like you have to be more like a sheep then the person that you are

At the end of the day the BB was written by humans. It is a path that works, but like anything done by humans it has flaws. Just as I was told not to put the people in my circle on a pedestal, so I do not put Bill W and Dr.Bob on a pedestal, and that means their works too. I get alot out of the BB and the 12x12, but neither book is perfect.

I have my opinions about a few things in the book, and I have brought them up before. There's this guy, lets call him Greg. Greg is a member of my homegroup and has some significant time, coming up on two decades. Yet his ego is larger then my house. I have been involved in a couple of discussions with him about my opinions and ideas, and every time without fail I end up feeling like my opinions have no validity, like I was a fool for even using my brain. I've come to not talk with Greg anymore. There are other people that are willing to hear me out and have a civilized discussion with me regarding my thoughts, and if they are in error they do not shove that in my face but rather state their own beliefs and leave me to come to my own conclusions.

Discussion without internal controversy is how I've come to see my opinions come against others opinions. It has actually helped me to understand the book a little bit more.