# 15 (permalink)  
ProgressNotPerfection

Today?
Never?

Never?
Today?

Wow.

Yea.

Sometimes I think I don't even ask the right questions. How about keeping it simple and saying "Well, just not right now."

Yea, how about just saying "Not right now."

I say "Not right now." Because the emotional mountains and valleys of our early recovery become the gently rolling hills of our lives if we stay clean and sober. Cravings aren't fatal – alcoholic drinking is known to be; cravings aren't dangerous – drinking is; cravings aren't optional – drinking is; cravings aren't permanent – being an alcoholic is; cravings aren’t chronic, progressive and fatal – alcoholism is; cravings aren't the voice of our higher power, the voice of reason, nor the voice which speaks to my true desires – and therefore, listening to them is not mandatory. It is my responsibility to find new solutions to old problems and my program gives me that opportunity. Cravings wish to rob me of those choices. Cravings don’t want to die and neither do I. I think I’ll let them die instead of me.

I've done it drunk and I've done it sober. Sober is much better, less expensive in so many ways and simply more fun than doing it drunk.

Best of luck....