Old 10-26-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lylatux

Long distance boyfriend is a chronic pot user.

Hello,

This is very new to me as I have never posted on a forum before but I am at a complete loss.

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year now, we have lived together basically from the beginning and I moved with him to another province for his work. Just recently I moved back to our original location for various reasons he was extremely supportive of me and we agreed to do distance till March when he moves back.
I should also mention due to his work we have and are used to distance between us.

My boyfriend has always been a pot smoker and I am a very occasional smoker, he has also abused steroids in the past. I never noticed the pot to be a problem before... It was recreational and never interfered with his work, friendships or our relationship but lately he has been smoking an obscene amount and only hanging around others who also smoke. He has become very distant, sometimes angry, selfish and doesn't follow through with anything he says.
This is very unusual behaviour for him and to be honest I miss my old boyfriend which has left me confused and unsure of what to do. When I try talking to him he says he is just irritated with everything and everyone and that it's not the pot. It seems that every time I call or text he is under the influence.

Does anyone have any advice for me? It's simple enough to say leave him but I'm not at that point yet.

I appreciate anyone who can make suggestions to better the situation as I am very hurt and worried for him.